Friday, August 5, 2011

Back in Boston...but Missing Madrid

So yes, the summer is nearing its close. Though, I have to admit, i didn't get the summer of leisure that I was expecting. Soon after returning home, I was hired for an internship in Cambridge working on the company's database and using my Spanish to translate for a corporate event. Though I love the challenge of applying the business and foreign language knowledge that I have learned while studying in Madrid, waking up at 4am during the week to drive 2 hours to Cambridge makes me look forward to 8am classes in Boston. I am a sophomore, but "transferring" to Boston is, basically, a totally new start. I have no idea where my classes are going to be, who my favorite professors will be, or, at the moment, where I'm even living. The process back to Boston, I must confess, has not been the smooth transition for which I was hoping. But, even though I miss Madrid, I would not exchange this new adventure for any other.

No comments:

Post a Comment