Friday, May 13, 2011

The End

My year abroad is now over. I am home, and have startled to settle into old patterns and habits. But, though I am glad to see family and old friends I now realize that my outlook has changed. From my year abroad, I am now different, more independent, confident, and cosmopolitan. Though I may begin to readjust to old routines, I will never truly go back to the way I was before I went to Spain. I may participate in Tuesday movie night with friends and spend evenings at Starbucks just like last summer, but the conversations I will have will be entirely different. Boston and an entirely new college year is only a short summer break away, but I will never be able to forget SUMC. The faculty and staff in Madrid have influenced me in numerous ways and I will take the experiences that I have had in Spain with me on my new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment