Monday, April 25, 2011

Penultimate Thoughts

The greatly anticipated last week of classes has finally descended. Oddly enough, the campus library and computer labs are quieter this week than last, even though next week is finals. I am in the process now of trying to have my blog posted to the Boston campus website so as to continue blogging through the summer and into next semester when I attend the Boston campus. This past weekend was a giant celebration throughout Spain. The Real Madrid soccer team won the King´s Cup, later driving over it in front of national television and hundreds of fans, and the processions that accompany Holy Week. Though the processions are more elaborate in the south of Spain, such as Malaga and Seville, I was impressed with the hundreds of Spaniards in the streets in Madrid on Thursday and Friday. Though many of the processions were delayed due to rain, several proceeded in-between downpours. The final library newsletter of the semester is in its editing stages as well, and I can hardly believe that this is my penultimate post for the semester. The family of one of my roommates is in Madrid for two weeks and will be coming to dinner at our house tonight, so I´m looking forward to a small taste of the United States while they are here. It seems like there is hardly enough time to finish everything before I pack and leave for the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment