Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Beginning of the End



Study, study, study! That is the very drumb rythym that every student at SUMC has been playing this last week. Even those who are more confident about their acadmeic prowess are spending mroe time with their notes and workign longer hours on their papers. The library, which is usually comofrtable during the semester, is now constantly packed with people researching topics via the databses, plannign projects, or reveiwing notes. As I enjoy a short break from my endeavors, I went to the Prado Museum to revisit some of my favorite paintings. I read that the museum is free most weeknights from 6 to 8. I arrived early and found an enormous line, almsot along the entire building with people waiting for the opening. I too entered the line, but it was scarcely 15 minutes and I was inside. I visited Las Meninas, Las Majas, the Mona Lisa ( yes, The Prado has one too) as well as the Rubens. My break over, I spent Sunday rewriting a final paper which my FlashDrive lost due to contact with magnets. I need to learn not to entirely rely on technology. As a salute to spring, I decided to take a walk in the Casa del Moro as well as in the Sabatini Gardens. Both were magnificent with lush foliage and early tulips and roses blooming. The commencement ceremony and banquet are on the  5th of May and shortly after I go home. Only 18 days left to finish savoring Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment