Monday, April 4, 2011

Before the Storm hits...

I can hardly believe that in 4 weeks, as of this Wednesday evening, I will officially be done with my final exams for Spring 2011.  Similar thoughts are xx around campus. Papers are coming due, final projects are in the works (or should be), and I am eagerly reviewing semester materials in preparation for exams. I spent this weekend resting and studying after discovering an old 1940´s movie called THE BAT, taken from a play by Mary Roberts Rinehart, one of my favorite fiction authors. My roommate Leah was off to the Canary Islands with her Astronomy Class and my other roommate Daniele was in Berlin. During the weekend I decided that, in the next few weeks, I will post a list of "must haves" when studying in Spain, or anywhere in Europe, and another list of useful information for living in Madrid that I found out on my own. I hope these posts will help anyone considering Madrid for their study-abroad.The weather is increasingly warmer, and some students, desperate for summer, are now wearing shorts. The Student Council is currently selling handmade paper cranes as a fundraiser for Japan relief, and we have seen an exciting response from the SUMC community. In other news, Spain just played host to the Prince of Wales and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall who visited Madrid and Granada. There is so much work to be done in these next few weeks, though I am sure they will go by too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment